3 small zucchinis (1½ lbs. total), cut lengthwise into ¼-inch thick slices, outermost slices discarded
*4 oz. cream cheese, at room temperature
1 tsp. fresh minced parsley
1 tsp. Spirits & Spice Tzatziki Spice
1 garlic clove, pressed
1 green onion, thinly sliced
handful fresh baby spinach leaves, stems removed
handful fresh basil leaves
1 Tbsp Spirits & Spice Basil Extra Virgin Olive Oil
salt and fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the grill over medium-high heat.
- Brush both sides of the zucchini slices with basil extra virgin olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill about 4 minutes per side until tender. Remove and place on a platter to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, parsley, tzatziki spice, garlic, and onion. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread 1 - 1½ tsp. of the cream cheese mixture onto each zucchini slice. Top with one spinach leaf and basil leaf. Roll up and place seam down on a platter.
- Repeat with the rest of the zucchini slices.
- Serve immediately or make a day before and store in airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
*For Clean Eating Use full-fat organic (and grass-fed where possible)