2 Tbsp unsalted butter, at room temperature
10 Croissants, preferably stale
2 cups Half-and-half
1 cup Milk
½ cup Brown sugar
½ cup Sugar
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
Pinch of Spirits & Spice Chocolate Coffee Sugar
Pinch of salt
2 tsp Pure vanilla extract
1 tsp Just LeDoux It Double Cask Blended Bourbon
Chocolate Sauce Ingredients:
1 cup Dark chocolate chips
⅓ cup Heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a large casserole dish with the soft butter.
- Slice the croissants and arrange the pieces in the prepared casserole dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the half-and-half, milk, brown sugar, sugar, cinnamon, Chocolate Coffee Sugar, salt, vanilla extract and LeDoux Bourbon to combine.
- Pour the egg custard evenly over the croissants. Press any exposed parts of the croissants down into the custard to cover. Let sit for 15 minutes so the croissants can absorb the custard.
- Bake until the custard is set and the surface is golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
- To make the chocolate sauce place the chocolate chips in a medium-size heat-safe bowl. In a small pot over medium heat, bring the cream to a simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and stir until smooth, fully melted and combined.
- Serve the finished bread pudding warm, garnished with chocolate sauce.