Did you know your SRIRACHA SALT was THE PERFECT RUB for our Thanksgiving Day Turkey?
- Use non-frozen turkey (10 - 12 lb)
- Trim fat & skin so heat passes thru bird during broiling
- Quarter one big, sweet onion and put inside turkey's cavity
- Melt 1/2 stick salted butter
- Add 2 tsp Spirits & Spice Siracha Salt
- Add 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- Add 2 tsp crushed garlic
- Add 1 - 2 tsp chopped or dried basil
- Add 1/2 tsp juice from a jar of capers
- Mix well and rub turkey
- Put in shallow baking pan
- Broil 10 minutes at 400°F to slightly sear skin in preheated convection oven
- Reduce heat to 350°, then convect-broil approx. 1 hr until internal temp is 170°F;
- Let stand for 20 minutes, slice and serve
Be sure to use the Sriracha Salt-flavored drippings instead of water to make your gravy:
2 cups pan drippings to 2 packets of turkey gravy, stovetop in a saucepan on high heat, mix constantly 'til it reaches gravy consistency.
Our results were best in a convection oven, while regular ovens will take a bit longer to reach internal temp of 170°F.
This is the best turkey/ chicken/ pheasant rub in the universe. As soon as my jar of Sriracha Salt is gone, I'm gonna order another!
From the kitchen of Spirits & Spice customer, Mark in Minnesota
Comments will be approved before showing up.