- Heat 2 Tbsp of Garlic Chili olive oil in an 8qt stockpot over medium heat.
- Add the carrots, onions, celery, and cook over medium heat, or 5 minutes, till carrots and the onions are transparent. Remove and set aside.
- In the same pan, raise the heat to medium-high heat and sauté the ground meat. Leave it chunky and let the water release from the meat and evaporate. Don’t drain the meat.
- Add chili powder, pepper, carrots, onions, celery, and brown sugar to the meat. Stir to combine.
- Heat for 2 minutes and add 2 bottles of beer. Stir and scrape the sides of the pan.
- Add the Moroccan Harissa Sauce and the tomatoes. Stir and bring to a bubble, but not boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer with a lid not completely covering the pot, stirring occasionally for a couple of hours.
- Add the beans and stir
- Turn off the heat, let sit for 30 minutes
- Serve with a dollop of yogurt on top
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.